Smoking Cessation Classes and EducationBreathe California offers Ash Kickers Stop Smoking Classes for adults and Tobacco Awareness Groups for teens.
It’s always a good time to quit
- The chance of heart attack decreases 24 hours after ending tobacco use.
- Within 48 hours after quitting, the senses of taste and smell improve.
- Two weeks to three months after quitting tobacco circulation and lung function improve.
- Five years after quitting, the risk of stroke is reduced to that of a non-smoker.
- Former pack-a-day smokers save about $150 to $200 per month by not buying cigarettes.
- Male smokers who quit between the ages of 35-39 add an average of 5 years to their lives. Female quitters in this age group add 3 years.
For more information about quitting smoking or about our programs, please call our office: 650-994-5868.
For cessation resources in languages other than English, visit our Multi-Lingual Cessation Resources page.
For information about out tobacco advocacy effort, visit our Tobacco Control page.
Page last modified on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:04:09am UTC